Welcome to Skye Class 2015!
Hello! In Skye class we work very hard. Here are some of the things we do:
As well as our individual targets, we experience literacy across the curriculum & throughout the day.
We have a circletime every morning when we say hello and give our news, explaining what we did the night before, who with & whether we enjoyed it.
We read a story as a class two or three times a week then complete a comprehension task; maybe sequencing the story or answering a multiple choice.
We visit the library three times a week as we all love books & it’s a quiet space that gets us in the mood for working. Sometimes we play board games to practise our reading while other people look at the library books. Once or twice a month we also get a visit from the mobile library Book Bus; this is very exciting & we get very disappointed if it doesn’t come!
Numeracy & Maths
The ways we experience Numeracy & Maths across the curriculum & throughout the day include:
- all kinds of different Maths songs we like to sing, especially: 5 Currant Buns, Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Big Numbers & I Can Count to 20
- exploring directions & position as we move around the school
- counting resources as we need them for class & distributing them to our classmates
- using our favourite websites to practise tricky Maths by playing games
- visiting the shop every week to use money in a practical context
This term we are also learning about shape, on the floor & at the tables, inside & outside, playing, cutting, sticking and working!